Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the full-time position of VP for Admin & Finance. The position reports directly to the College President.The Vice President for Admin and Finance will oversee all of the non-academic functions of the college. This is a full time position to begin on 28 March 2021.
1. Work and coordinate with the College President and members of the College Council to ensure that the college will function in line with its vision, mission, values and strategic plan.
2. Oversee the preparation, the approval, the implementation and monitor the college budget.
3. Ensure the success and effectiveness of all financial services and operations of the college, in the short and long term, including but not limited to budget, collection, payments, debt management, audit, and ERP financial system.
4. Achieve a balance between the administrative and financial requirements of the college in alignment with achieving the college academic goals.
5. Oversee the development of the administrative and financial systems to ensure that they have comprehensive policies and procedures covering all aspects of non-academic affairs.
6. Ensure human, financial and structural resources are provided in order to deliver accurate real-time information, which will help in good decision making in the college.
7. Attend Board Meetings and play the key spokesman and representative of the college in all finance and admin related issues. 8. Create a favorable atmosphere that will enhance the financial stability and sustainability of the college, and assure financial and administrative excellence.
9. Ensure compliance with the laws and regulations relating to the financial, administrative and legal affairs of the college as well as of UAE law.
10. Provide supervision over the admin departments reporting to VP for Admin & Finance to assure Knowledge Management, compliance in various activities and to support its development.
11. Form committees for the departments under his/her supervision, when needed.
12. Perform any other duties assigned by the College President.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Vision and a spirit of leadership.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent command of communication.
- Effective influence and persuasion skills.
- Professional and strong negotiation skills.
- Good time- and resource-management skills.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting + PDU Certification (e.g CFA, CPA, CMA). Master’s Degree is preferable.
- Required knowledge of the legislative framework and laws relating to the financial and administrative management of universities in the United Arab Emirates.
- Proficiency in ERP and any other financial/accounting systems as well as advanced level in using Microsoft Office are mandatory.
Minimum Requirement: At least 8 years’ experience in a managerial position. Experience in educational industry at a college or university is preferable.
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Higher Education
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Max: 10
- Master’s degree