The “Employment-oriented MSME development” Project in Jordan is seeking for a “Technical Advisor” – on a full-time base employment as per the below job profile.Job ProfileA. Required qualifications, competences, and experienceQualifications
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Development, Political Science or other relevant discipline.
- Proven in-depth knowledge and experience in private sector development including experience in supporting MSMEs with financial and non-financial services (business development services).
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the area of private sector development and international development cooperation.
- Experience in working with businesses, especially with micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and startups.
- Sector-specific knowledge of the food processing, tourism and / or ICT sectors is an asset
- Experience providing guidance on the uptake of digital tools and approaches is an asset
- Experience with and knowledge of business organizations and relevant governmental institutions.
- Experience in conceptualizing and delivering gender-responsive capacity-building interventions and designing and implementing workshops, seminars or similar activities in the area of business development and financial services.
- Experience in writing reports and documenting meetings (English and Arabic; German is a plus).
- Advisory experience especially with Jordanian business institutions as well as public institutions
- Experience in preparation and implementation of financial and grant agreements as well as contracting and guiding consultants
B. ResponsibilitiesThe position holder is responsible for:
- Jointly with the Head of and other technical advisors working on Field of Activity 2, managing activities in Field of Activity 2 aiming to improve competences and gender-responsive service provision for MSMEs in selected sectors (food processing, tourism, and ICT).
- Providing professional advisory services to public and private partners in Field of Activity 2, especially advise to business associations, business development service providers, and financial service providers on setting up support systems for MSMEs.
- Ensuring proper monitoring and reporting of outcomes and employment figures in Field of Activity 2 and supporting the development of information and communication products.
- Support in the achievement of project goals with regards to women economic empowerment especially those related to the development of gender sensitive and responsive business development and financial services.
- Developing and updating project management tools within the MSME project, including stakeholder maps, work plans, etc.
- Establishing synergies and ensuring good collaboration with other Field of Activities within the project, as well as with relevant projects under the GIZ umbrella and those of other donors.
- Providing technical guidance in the field of gender-responsive service provision to colleagues leading other Fields of Activity and sectoral interventions.
- Contributing to innovation and knowledge management; maintaining a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions, counterparts and GIZ.
C. TasksIn this context of above responsibilities, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:1. Advisory to partner institution(s)
- manages jointly with the respective component manager the implementation of activities in the Field of Activity
- continuously reports and coordinates on status and details of project implementation.
- establishes and regularly updates work plans.
- identifies potential partners to develop relevant financial and business development services.
- provides professional advisory services to implementing partners in Field of Activity 2 especially regarding opportunities for developing gender-responsive business development and financial services and ensuring they are accessible by MSMEs.
- establishes innovative and sustainable collaboration models with implementation partners to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of measures aiming to improve MSMEs’ access to gender-responsive business development and financial services.
- collects information relevant to project Field of Activity 2 and disseminates experiences both on national and local level.
- deals with the design, preparation and implementation of gender-responsive workshops, seminars and other events related to the project’s output areas.
- evaluates and verifies the data received from implementation partners / relevant stakeholders and provides technical advisory on implementing project interventions incl. on effective M&E practices.
- assists and monitors the development and implementation of project plans and activities in consultation with counterparts and consultants; continuously reports and coordinates on status of implementation.
2. Networking and cooperation
- supports establishment, regular contact and cooperation with partners and consultants.
- cooperates with all stakeholders of the project as well as of other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing of ideas and information as well as lessons learned for the benefit of the project / the project’s objective.
- represents the project and its interests in selected meetings and conferences held by third parties
3. Communication, events management and monitoring
- assembles overview of project activities and regularly shares updates, deadlines etc. at team meetings.
- prepares PR / communication material on the project activities and supports media content development
- supports event management for project activities.
- supports project monitoring and evaluation, updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results.
- assists short-term experts assigned to support project implementation in completing their tasks.
- organizes and updates the documentation of activities including via GIZ filing systems
Additional knowledge & competences
- Proactive and solution-oriented personality including the ability to identifying challenges and utilize opportunities to promote services provision for MSMEs.
- Partner-orientation with ability to grasp, assess and respond to partner requirements and potentials for effective project implementation towards achieving project indicators.
- Excellent analytical and conception skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to moderate / facilitate meetings and workshops including those conducted virtually (online).
- Ability and willingness to cooperate with others – very good team player.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (incl. MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Fluent (excellent knowledge) in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
- Dedication, reliability and regular follow-up on assigned tasks.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5 Max: 15
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Administration And Business Administration, Economics, International Development, Political Science