• The post is responsible for providing comprehensive specialist level care in Internal Medicine.
• Provides care to patients according to current best evidence based standards, using best judgments at all times.
• Consulting with patients to understand their symptoms and health concerns.
• Diagnosing and treating acute illness, such as bacterial and viral infections, as well as chronic diseases and conditions, such as hypertension, heart disease, or diabetes.
• Prescribing or administering medication, therapy, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
• Explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
• Monitoring patients’ conditions and progress, and re-evaluating treatments, as necessary.
• Providing health and wellness advice to patients, including diet, physical activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
• Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
• Preparing official health documents or records, when necessary.
• Conducting research into the testing and development of new medications, methods of treatment, or procedures to prevent or control illness, disease, or injury.