Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it’s a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo’s future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
– Responsible for Planning, Engineering, Dimensioning & Implementation of ICT infrastructure like Servers, Storage, Operating System, Databases, IT Virtualization, Cloud Computing (AWS, AZURE, GCP), Backup & Archiving in alignment with the organization & Ooredoo group strategy & UNIFY roadmaps
– This role will primary focus in contributing to ICT infrastructure evolution towards convergence, best practice infrastructure design, next generation IT Infrastructure trends and alignment of IT infrastructure investments with business objectives.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
IT Infrastructure Planning:
– Plan, Design, Dimension and optimize ICT infrastructure solutions to enhance ICT infrastructure components like storage, servers, backup & achieve, network, OS/DB/Virtualization licensing, etc.
– Project management and supervision of IT Infrastructure Transformation/Modernization project and Infrastructure expansion.
– Build project plans and implementation documents for large, complex, cross functional projects requiring substantial coordination with internal team members and Vendors.
– Plan and Design geo-redundant and resilient ICT infrastructure to eliminate single points of failure for ICT applications and all critical IT components and services with 99.999% availability. Build standard operating procedures for business continuity in the event of system and network failures or due to Force Majeure
– Bringing in cost saving measure by Identifying and implementing measures to keep the projects expenditure (avoiding change request) within budget and on schedule to avoid unbudgeted CapEx.
– Responsible for day to day provisioning of ICT Infrastructure requirements from internal department and provide solution by translating the needs to technical specification and architecture design.
– Provide necessary skills to help successfully execute the infrastructure transformation and convergence strategy
– Capacity planning for ICT infrastructure and provide short and long term growth forecast.
– Prepare monthly utilization report (standard and tailor made) for ICT infrastructure
– Monitor, optimize and maintain ICT infrastructure KPI to ensure performance, capacity utilization, features requirements and call flow.
– Plan, Design and create work orders based on business needs, ensuring the desired business requirements is executed
Solutions & RFP:
– Prepare Technical Specifications, Statement of Compliance, Responsibility Matrix, Scope of Work and finalizing Technical evaluation criteria.
– New Technologies, Solutions, functionalities and features evaluation through RFI/RFP process in ICT infrastructure from multiple vendor bids as per the state of compliance and specified technical requirements.
– ICT infrastructure strategic roadmap planning in alignment with marketing roadmap and Ooredoo group strategic initiatives
Process & Procedure:
– Maintain IT infrastructure inventory that covers hardware & software components (i.e.: servers, storage, backup mediums, OS licenses, DB licenses, virtualization licenses, etc.) and ensure IT Hardware assets are always optimal/optimized by challenging all new requirements.
– Maintain and build ICT infrastructure documentations (HLD & LLD) covering rack layouts, solution diagrams, data flow diagrams, etc. for any existing or new IT project
– Highlight project issues to senior management & makes recommendations for improvements.
– Work Closely with IT security and Service assurance teams providing secure infrastructure solution designs and maintain system availability and performance KPI
– Support Supply Chain in procurement process of ICT infrastructure and services needed to fulfil business requirements, Infrastructure modernization and expansion.
– Follow up on all stages from initiation to delivery/implementation ensuring sound process for purchase until deployment.
Budget Planning & Strategy:
– Contribute in budget planning (CapEx and OpEx),
– Prepare 3 Year Business Plan and Annual Operating Plan for ICT infrastructure and associated services.
– Align with internal business requirements & Ooredoo group Infrastructure UNIFY strategy & Roadmap
– Contribute in motivating colleagues and peers, providing assistance wherever necessary.
– Provides leadership in facilitating the activities of the project team. Works with the team and other stakeholders to establish project goals and priorities.
– Proactively, takes responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise
– Proactively, able to work independently, possesses creative problem solving skills and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
– Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
– Perform other duties as directed by Head or other superiors.
– 3-4 Years of in IT infrastructure Planning, Designing and engineering including Project Management experience
– Knowledge of new Infrastructure trends like, but not limited to cloud computing, software defined data centers & network virtualization
– Good Knowledge in Security and IP concept
– Ability to apply diverse knowledge of engineering principles within broad assignments making independent engineering decisions evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification using advanced engineering techniques and procedures.
– Good working knowledge on Windows applications (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio etc.)
– Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
– Good verbal & written communication skills in English. Arabic would be an advantage
– Strong Technical & Analytical skills
– Strong interpersonal communication skills & presentation skills with Good Project Management skills
– Ability to elaborate complex technologies to peers and management
– Strong knowledge of working with multivendor
– Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Telecommunications / Electronics Engineering or related discipline & appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute
– Degree shall be duly approved by Kuwait Society of Engineers
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
– Resume / cv
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.