The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of WFP’s resilience and livelihood components within the social protection scheme under the supervision of the Resilience Programme Policy Officer who leads the activity implementation country-wide, and overall guidance from Head of Resilience unit, and the Head of Programme. The National Programme Officer will be based in the Country Office in Baghdad with regular travel to Field Offices and counterparts’ stations as needed.
To provide support to the implementation of the resilience and livelihoods activities within the joint EU-UN social protection project.
- Provide support in formulation, management and implementation of resilience and livelihood activities, predominately in urban areas and with an employment, policy, and capacity building focus.
- Contributing towards the successful implementation of resilience and livelihoods interventions; follow up and tracking of implementation progress against the work plans and timelines.
- Ensuring the alignment of all project aspects with the wider WFP programme policies and guidance.
- Contributing to developing policies, manuals, and plans related to the desired project outcomes.
- Contributing to the establishment and maintaining positive coordination and communication channels with the external stakeholders, especially the governmental institutions.
- Formulate and help manage of partnership agreements especially with the governmental partners, including oversight of implementation, budgets, and disbursement of funds. This include supporting the planning and implementation of capacity building and policy making activities for the governmental partners in line with the project design.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely narrative and financial reports on programmes and activities and consistency of information presented to WFP management and the stakeholders.
- Enhance and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems in line with WFP’s corporate systems ensuring that the quality standards are maintained
- Support the coordination with the other UN sister agencies, international NGOs, governmental entities, private sector, and community representatives to ensure successful implementation. This may require representing WFP’s interests at various national and international for a.
- Provide continuous guidance and support to the team members and the Field Offices staff.
- Other tasks could be requested by the supervisor based on work priorities and needs
|Job Location:||Baghdad, Iraq|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Non-profit Organization|