The Medical Delegate is responsible for the ethical detailing of Nestle Infant Nutrition products in assigned territory by clearly communicating to medical / paramedical contacts accurate information about these products, their features and benefits and their appropriate use whenever mothers are unable or choose not to breastfeed their babies, and within guidelines as set by Nestle Nutrition in compliance with WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes, Nestle Instructions and local country codes; resulting in advocacy for our branded and unbranded solutions.
A day in the life of
– Promote Nestle’s belief that Breastfeeding is best for Babies and that Breastfeeding is recommendable over all other feeding alternatives for infants
– Provide reliable information on infant nutrition and infant feeding practices for medical/ paramedical contacts in areas that interest or affect them in their regular practice, according to current cycle detailing objectives and materials, becoming a reference advisor on these topics
– Participate in the organization and running of on Product Knowledge, Nutrition or related topics medical / paramedical scientific meetings including their sponsorship meeting, guest lecturer invitation.
– Ensure optimum territory coverage and management including prospection and insights gathering through relevant tools. Maintain Health Care Professionals contacts database and submit reports on time.
– Ensure education and presence of Nestle’s Infant Nutrition products in hospitals within territory.
– Develop long-term mutually beneficial professional relationships with Health Care Professionals and relevant medical decision makers.
– Ensure strict adherence and compliance on all activities undertaken to the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes and Nestle Instructions and local country codes.
– Comply with Nestle’s strictest requirements that they will not seek contact with, or give advice to pregnant women, or mothers of infants and young children regarding Infant Formula in their business capacity
What will make you successful
– Bachelor degree in Pharmacy or other Health and Life Sciences
– Bilingual (English & Arabic)
– Demonstrate the ability to build strong relationship with HCPs
– Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– 1-2 years experience in a similar role
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world’s biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company’s strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle’s existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company’s priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.