- Initiate and manage inquiries of all kinds of raw material, products, machinery & equipment etc. needed to be purchased internationally.
- Detailed negotiation with vendors about price, terms of purchase & payment etc. terms for selected items to order.
- Process orders and arrange payments with coordination of accounts department.
- Negotiate terms of payments, delivery etc. where needed.
- Ensure about payment terms and on time remittances for all orders.
- Keep informed to vendors about transfer of payments as well as coordinate with accounts department if any difference in payments.
- Arrange new samples as well as substitute samples from other supplier options where required.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks including complete records of venders, orders, confirmations, samples, approvals, necessary documents etc.
- Ensure required stock levels of accessories and raw material for all running brands with coordination of other departments.
- Coordinate in samples and products development of all raw materials i.e. each accessory of each product with top management and vendors with effective communication.
- Arrange all technical and necessary documents required for lab from vendors and concerned departments.
- Coordinate with lab and legal department for registration of new products with Ministry of Environment.
- Suggest and introduce new / substitute suppliers with the approval of management where needed.
- Reduce costs and improve process to increase the productivity which includes better prices, quality, freight and customs etc.
- Prepare management information reports & comparative analysis to support strategic decision making.
- Provide suggestions and expert advice to other departments and management process related matters.
- Arrange vendors and management visits with complete required documentations / reports.
- Ensure that process i.e. purchase, production, inventory control, logistics etc. is functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities.
- Handle complains and quality issues with internal departments as well as with vendors in terms of optimum solution.
- Communicate with personal at required levels in all departments including design, accounts, warehouse etc. for timely requirements and smooth running of process in each item.
- Oversee and develop policy & procedure improvements in order to ensure the ongoing development of purchasing provision and standards with the consent of management.
- Dealing all local purchase matters related to production, carpentry and office.
- Trained concerned guy in department to work on system, dealing with vendors, coordination inside and outside organization and on all other matters to deal purchases effectively with his improved work efficiency.
- Coordinate with legal department for registration of HS codes with ministry of commerce & Industry Environment.
- Detailed negotiation with freight forwarders based on rates, terms and transit time etc.
- Introduce freight forwarders with the approval of management.
- Arrange all shipments through all modes i.e. road, air and sea with coordination of vendors and freight forwarders.
- Continuously track and follow up of all shipments with vendors and freight forwarders.
- Handling certificate of origin legalization and attestation matters with suppliers and customs.
- Continuously track and follow up of shipment documents with vendors and freight forwarders.
- Receive and review shipment documents from vendors to arrange custom clearance on time smoothly.
- Follow up with forwarders for arrival notifications of all shipments and arrange payments upon receipt of this document for delivery orders for on time delivery in warehouse.
- Solve issues arise i.e. missing / wrong information or document etc. to ensure timely delivery and avoid storage on goods.
- Process custom clearance and follow up for shipment arrival in warehouse.
- Keep informed to all departments about arrival of all shipments for production & sales planning.
- Effectively communication through different channels with customs, clearing agent where required.
- Outsource Warehousing arrangement where needed.
- Continuous follow up and tracking of shipments to avoid cause extra time and extra custom charge.
- Prepare, verify and submit documents for received shipments and coordinate with relative departments for cost calculations.
- Supervising & training Assistant Manager Purchase on all matters of purchase, new developments, coordination, forwarders , customs clearance and handling documents etc. so that he could effectively play his role in department.
- To communicate the GMP Cosmetics rules and regulations to their staff.
- To look after all the GMP activities in department.
- To do work as per GMP procedures and guidelines.
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|
|Company Industry:||Retail & Wholesale|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; India; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Pakistan; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|