– Main purpose of this job is to ensure shipments are cleared and ready for sale in the shortest possible time
– Accomplishment of all inbound import shipments ensuring goods are received into inventory on time.
– Responsible to ensure that Inbound and outbound volumes are updated in Govt. site as per the requirement.
– Ensure adherence for new launch/label registration with Ministry & responsible for all inbound logistics.
A day in the life of:
– Ensure that an Excel file is maintained to monitor the arrivals based on the POs available in SAP
– Ensure sufficient documents are available 3 days prior to arrival by regular follow-up with NME IMPEX
– Monitoring shipments ETA on shipping lines website and follow-up with clearing agent to ensure that the shipments are cleared.
– Ensure a smooth operation with the third party clearing and transport agents
– Ensure a proper health clearance from relevant authorities for all the incoming consignments, follow-up where necessary to speed up the procedures.
– Arrange the timings with the warehouse for the physical offloading of the goods.
– Update Sales Team on Status of shipments in the pipeline and all new arrivals and OOS.
– Log all the inbound consignments along with their relevant details.
– Responsible to co-ordinate with the Head office for all quality & supplier service related issues.
– Responsible to coordinate with the regulatory team @ HO all new products registration, changes in labeling, formulas, compliance with local laws and rules.
– Responsible to coordinate with the relevant authorities if required for all new products registration, changes in labeling, formulas, compliance with local laws and rules.
– Ensure all the export-related documents and the goods to be reached to its destination on time.
– Follow up and monitor all demurrage related incidents by communicating reasons for delays and claims when needed
– Monitor system message from 3PL to Nestle and vice versa and take necessary action if any failure
– Monitor the GR is done on time by 3PL
– Collect the GR report from 3PL and ensure the replication of GR’s in Nestle system
– Ensure that subsequent adjustment is done on time for local promotions
– Review the stocks Vs targets to identify and prioritize the shipment
– Raise the claim on shortages & damages as required.
– Review and cross verify charges raised by clearing agent
– Do GR against the invoices (where ever applicable)
– Keep the log of invoices raised by clearing agent with details and scanning copies to NBS for payment within the time frame
– Release the blocked and parked invoices from the workflow
– Good understanding of various laws (e.g. Customs Act/ Import Policy/Customs Tariff Schedule/ HS Code wise/duty implication/etc) those have the direct implication on the different legal issues with inbound logistics operations.
– Responsible for registration and approval of all new labels with Ministry of Commerce & Industry, MOH and engage with NME Regulatory Team prior imports.
– Ensure Custom documents preparation/approvals on Nutrition category documents/Road Permit on time for clearance purposes.
– Attend ministry meetings related to Import of products and ensure that Nestle Qatar is compliant with all new local regulations / changes
– Ensure that all Dairy and Infant products Imports and sellout are updated as per the regulations on time.
– Filing of 3PL invoices, GR documents and other legal documents
– Prepare, attend, participate and communicate internally& cross stream meetings such as Daily, Weekly, Monthly operational reviews
What will make you successful
– 2-3 years of preferably operational experience in Customs Clearance in a similar market environment or trade structure or relevant operational experience
– English is a must, Arabic is a big advantage
– Good communication skills
– Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
– High attention to details
– Experience with Customer management or direct sales environment
– Operational experience in Supply Chain functions
– Experience in related business improvement projects
– Experience in Import clearance of cargo (Sea/Road & Air)
– Previous experience in dealing with Ministry/Customs/Health Authorities
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world’s biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company’s strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle’s existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company’s priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.