Legal Recruit ME is working with a leading global company to recruit a Legal Counsel for an exciting role to be based in Dubai.
* Provide general legal counsel to the Company’s businesses across the region – advise on and identify legal issues, gather the relevant facts and background, apply the law and formulate and communicate recommendations, bringing additional internal or external legal resources to bear as necessary.
* Ensuring the timely provision of legal support to all business units and enabling functions.
* Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders – be an extended member of the Middle East management team, actively advising the team and participating in management meetings.
* Commercial – provide legal support where needed to commercial teams, including by reviewing commercial contracts, distribution agreements, terms and conditions, and other corporate documents.
* Corporate Communications – advise on, and conduct legal review of, corporate communications and responses to media requests including social media.
* Corporate Governance – Ensure compliance with best practices in corporate governance across the region; ensure that proper corporate records are maintained, including resolutions, and minutes of meetings of the shareholders and board of directors of the various entities in the region; oversee preparation and filing of any documents required to be filed with the relevant Corporate Registry.
* Human Resources – Provide legal support to local human resources function, including with respect to termination/voluntary separation, violations of the Code of Conduct, etc. Work with HR specialists and Global Ethics & Compliance as required.
* Law degree from UK, US, or Australia
* Minimum 5 year post admission experience and relevant in-house preferably as a leader of an in-house department in the Middle East
* Fluent in English
* Fluency in Arabic will be considered an advantage
* A commercial, litigation and marketing legal background with operational experience is required
* FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), trade sanction and anti-bribery best practices experience
* The prospective employee should have work experience in the Middle East, and preferably in Dubai, although exceptional candidates if based in either the UK or US should apply.
About the Company:
* Legal Recruit ME is a UK-based specialist legal recruitment agency, providing international legal recruitment services, specifically in the Middle East.
* Drawing on our networks throughout the Middle East and the UK we are able to utilise our extensive experience recruiting locally within each region as well as facilitating an international job search for legal professionals looking to relocate.
* We recruit across a broad range of law jobs and legal business services jobs including Lawyer, Associate, Senior Associate, Paralegal, Legal Secretary, Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant, Human Resources professionals, Business Development professionals, Practice Manager, and Office Manager.
* We have placed law professionals in jobs in the major cities of the Middle East and the UK, including London, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Jeddah, Doha and Manama.
We are a recruitment agency in UAE.