• Thoroughly read, analyze and interpret tender documents.
• Meet and work with other departments to get, compile and organize required data.
• Fill application forms and questionnaires.
• Review files for completeness and request additional &/or missing data and information necessary for processing operations (Tenders, New Business, Renewals, Cancellations, Endorsements, etc..).
• Identify and evaluate underlying risks &/or potential losses in accordance with tenders, contracts, insurance underwriting rules, applicable laws, department & company objectives…
• Identify risks mitigating factors.
• Evaluate loss potential due to catastrophe, severity and/or frequency.
• Determine insurable / non-insurable interests & liabilities.
• Evaluate the experience of identified risks.
• Recommend coverage for identified risks providing various alternatives for consideration by the Group Insurance Manager & other concerned parties as required.
• Enter / Search / Update data.
• Perform final risk analysis for awarded projects.
• Pro-actively and continuously monitor efficiency of in-force coverage towards progressive phases of projects & needs and recommend additional coverage, endorsements, updates, cancellations, etc… in line with findings.
• Analyze gaps in third-party furnished insurances.
• Prepare correspondence related to operations and claims.
• Follow-up on insurance requirements and ensure their fulfillment at all times (warranties, reports, technical controllers, audits, surveys, field visits, …).
• Collect claims information.
• Conduct investigation of claims & losses through appropriate techniques including interviews, recorded statements, documentation, data gathering and securing/preserving evidence.
• Evaluate liabilities and damages.
• Verify, analyze existing covers.
• Identify subrogation &/or salvage opportunities &/or suspicious claims.
• Prepare claims reports providing various alternatives for claims processing according to findings for consideration by the Group Insurance Manager & other concerned parties as required.
• Update claims data.
• Report irregularities.
• Maintain the confidentiality of data.
• Keep detailed record of operations.
• Maintain up to date and complete accurate files.
• Reconcile reports as needed.
• Prepare timely and concise reports and statistics as needed.
• Perform general clerical & administrative functions.
• Assist in other operations of the department &/or special assignments.
• Perform various follow-ups.
• Travel to Areas as needed.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
• Ability to work under pressure and to handle a demanding workload.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and assignments and to meet deadlines.
• Active listening skills.
• Excellent reporting skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Numeracy & Mathematical skills.
• Stress tolerance.
- Job Location
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- Civil Engineering; Oil & Gas
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Residence Location
• Insurance. • Engineering Risks Management.