The future General Manager will manage a Marble Manufacturing Plant, handling the full Operations (Excavation, Production, Supply Chain), the Quality/HSE, and most importantly focus on demand generation, sales , marketing across Oman and export across the relevant market as well as turn around the business with profitable growth..
Key player in Marble Industry located in Oman
* Managing and developing key relationships with new and existing clients.
* Explore new business opportunities across Oman and special focus on Exports.
* Achieve targets & sales objectives that are ambitious but attainable and that will result in sales improvement and profitable growth for the company.
* Efficiency improvement in sales, customer service, purchasing and operations resulting in improved customer service, higher margin and/or lower costs.
* Handling the day-to-day operational and strategic management of the business and will effectively manage all manufacturing, site activities and sales; in order to meet the company’s financial performance criteria and to monitor performance against agreed key performance indicators.
* Ensuring that the company’s manufacturing network is positioned to be a source of competitive advantage and is capable of delivering the long-term performance needed by its businesses.
* Managing the company’s manufacturing planning & process, perform and oversee sales and marketing functions, in-depth review of key strategic issues and business expansion prioritization to achieve growth and profitability.
* Developing manufacturing strategies consistent with the business strategy to ensure ability to deliver the planned business results.
* Overseeing all operations and ensuring that a high quality of service is delivered and maintained to a growing client base.
* Ensuring that health, safety and environmental issues are prioritized and facilitated, directs and drives implementation of Lean business strategy and continuous Improvement across all manufacturing related areas of the business.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience to be suitable for this position:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent
* Minimum 10 solid years of experienced with Marble industry leading as General Manager having experience of Business development and manufacturing is highly required
* A proven track record in managing both Operations and Sales
* Ability to identify commercial expansion and cost management tactical components of the business.
* Arabic speaker and fluent in English is required
* Experience of working in Oman and GCC market with exemplary experience in development of export market would be ideal.
* Strong sense of commercial and technical mix to manage entire business independently
* Experience of handing turn around in business would be preferred.
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.