General:Managed by the Global Customer Experience Director, the Field Services Engineer is responsible for the installation, start-up and configuration of INOVA’s advanced technology (seismic data acquisition instruments, the accompanying software and operating systems), as well as training and assisting with customer start-ups of our seismic recording units. Once trained in the sophisticated technology manufactured by INOVA, the Field Service Engineer will have special knowledge and technical skills with respect to the company’s business and proprietary seismic software products.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:· System commissioning: Installation of specific application software. Configure to customer requirements.· System installation: Install field electronic recording equipment to customer specification.· System start-ups: Confirm and sign-off on electronic system function to customer satisfaction.· Support in-house repairs, system check out, and contribute with problem resolutions to daily technical requests.· Troubleshoot, analyze and report on hardware problems and defects as well as on software performance. Elevate major issues to appropriate engineering personnel.· Carry out Quality Control and Validation on company software as required.· Use professional concepts, company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of complex problems requiring the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.· Frequent domestic and international travel to the field is required in various conditions/environment· Provide on-call technical support sometimes responsible for 24 hrs support line.· Participate in determining overall goals and objectives of department.· All other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:· Geoscience or Engineering degree. BSEE or Associates Degree and/or equivalent experience preferred.· Minimum of 5 years related experience in either seismic data acquisition or oil field service field support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess strong interpersonal and management skills and have the ability to interact effectively with customers at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work well with others in the company to solve customer problems.
- Basic knowledge of company products.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing in English.
- Proficient in the operation and application of electronic test equipment and mechanical tools.
- Programming Knowledge and Software Quality Assurance – is an asset
- Required to work in a self-supervisory capacity and independently solve technical problems.
Special Job Requirements:
- Ability to travel extensively is required.
Physical Requirements:· Must be able to work in harsh environments.· May be involved with repairs of Vibroseis Source Products
Work Environment:· Normal office environment with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the primary job responsibilities satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this job, but are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Accounting and Auditing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $2,000 – $3,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5 Max: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
• Geoscience or Engineering degree. BSEE or Associates Degree and/or equivalent experience preferre