Arab Monetary Fund is a regional Arab financial institution based in Abu Dhabi, with the mission to lay the monetary foundation of Arab economic integration and to accelerate the process of economic development of its member countries. In this context, the AMF supports banking and financial sector development in the Arab States and provide assistance towards its integrity and efficiency. Moreover, the AMF carries out and acts as a technical secretariat for the Council of Arab Ministers of Finance, the Council of Arab Central Banks and Monetary Authorities’ Governors as well as for its sub-committees and task forces.The AMF is seeking to hire “Economist- Specialized in National Accounts”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting research and preparing reports related to Economic and Financial topics
- Providing training courses, workshops, and technical assistance in the fields related to the national accounts system, economic analysis, and methods of collecting and estimating data in the national accounts system.
- Economic forecasting and analysis of the macro and sectoral impacts of economic policies.
- Participate in the development of Arabstat initiative.
- Ability to acquire relevant knowledge in methods of constructing relevant statistical indicators
Selection criteria, Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Arab country’s citizen.
- A Ph.D. in economics or statistics from a reputable university with 5 years of experience in areas related to the work of the Arab Monetary Fund, preferably in a leading role in central banks, ministries of finance, research centers, or similar regional and international institutions.
- Deep knowledge in data analysis, econometrics, economic modeling and forecasting.
- Having recent publication in refereed economic journals in the economic, financial, and monetary fields.
- The ability to provide training in the required fields of specialization mentioned above.
- Deep knowledge in data analysis, econometrics, and economic modeling programs.
- Familiarity with requirements of relevant statistical guidelines issued by international bodies.
- Fluent in Arabic, English, and French is plus
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insuranceOnly short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Financial Services; Investment, Securities & Funds
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Finance and Investment
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Algeria; Bahrain; Comoros; Djibouti; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Mauritania; Morocco; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; United Arab Emirates; Yemen
- Min: 18 Max: 50