The Department of higher education of Chandigarh is considered to be a reputed one in all its institution of higher education. There are nine government colleges and seven Grant-in-Aid Colleges under the purview of the Department of Higher Education, Chandigarh Administration. There are various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the colleges which are contributing to the upliftment of Higher Education in UT Chandigarh. Students from all over the country come to get the top-quality education provided by the colleges.
Admission Open 2021
|Manipal 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|NIIT University 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|LPU NEST 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
DHE Chandigarh Admission 2022 Application Form:
DHE Chandigarh Admissions form usually releases in the month of July. So the 2022’ sapplication form would most probably be released in July 2022.
The important information related to the application form is mentioned below for the reference of the applicants:
Step 1: Online Registration
- To fill the application form, applicants need to visit the official website of the university. There is no offline mode to submit the application form. Click on the link (2021-2022) on the DHE website – www.dhe.chd.gov.in.
- Click on Sign Up to register on the website by filling in Email ID, Mobile Number (WhatsApp)and candidate name. (Spellings of Name must be same as in Class-X marks sheet/certificate).
- But before filing the application form applicants are advised to keep ready all important documents along with them. And after that applicants can proceed to fill the application form.
- After that applicants need to upload a necessary document/ testimonials in the application form.
- And once the application form is filled applicants need to take a printout of the duly filled application form.
- Mobile Number will be the Login ID and Password will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number through SMS.
Step 2: Login to apply for courses
After successfully filling the form and receiving the confirmation through SMS, follow the following steps;
- Login to the DHE website with the registered user id and password.
- Click on APPLICATION FORM. Here candidates will be asked two options:-
- Degree Colleges
- Professional Colleges
3. Now select any course of your choice. Again the candidate will be asked two options
- New Student 2 / Old Student
- Candidates applying for the first time for 1 year of courses in UG/PG courses will click on the link of new Student.
For further details regarding the courses offered by the colleges, you can have a look at the college prospectus in the DHE website itself.
Applicants are also required to upload:
- Scanned passport size photo of the applicant (not more than 50kb).
- Scanned signature of the applicant (not more than 50kb).
- Scanned signature of either of the Parent/ Guardian (not more than 50kb).
- If an applicant is interested in applying to more than one course/college then the applicant has to fill separate online application forms for each course/college.
Application / Registration fee
The application fee is Rupees 70for all the candidates.
Eligibility criteria for admission to DHE Chandigarh are different for different courses. But the important information related to the common eligibility criteria is mentioned below for the reference of the applicants.
- To get admission to the institution, one must have been passed the examinations conducted by a recognized Board/Council /University:
- Must have passed 10+2 examination securing at least 50% mark in aggregate. Or any other examination recognized by Panjab University, Chandigarh as equivalent to as given above with requisite percentage of marks.
Exams conducted by DHE and its respective colleges are based on semesters. The total duration of course completion is divided into semesters resulting in a total of 6 semesters. Except for B.P.Ed . Fee Structure is different for different courses per semester. A student is required to obtain a minimum of 25% marks in aggregate of all subjects in the Mid-Semester Tests. Apart from this, as per the University Regulations, a student is required to attend at least: 75% of the lectures delivered to his/her class in theory as well as practical subject opted by him/her.
The DHE offers Students a magnanimous plethora of courses in various disciplines. From simple B.A and B.Sc to B.Sc(biotechnology honors), it has great options for the students. Some of the courses are; B.Com, BSc nonmedical (computer science elective), BSc nonmedical (IT elective) , B.P.Ed and many more such courses. The syllabus of each course is different in each semester. For further details go to the official website www.dhe.chd.gov.in.
The admit card for the exams will be released much prior to the exam date. Students can take out the prints from the official website:
The results are published semester wise in the official website. Students can go through the website to know their results.
The cut off for the year 2019 of the various colleges of the DHE was;
The MCM DAV College
- 2% for BCA
- In Economics – 65% aggregate (for students without Economics at +2 level), 55% aggregate(for students with the subject at +2 level) Psychology , 85% aggregate, Functional English – 70% aggregate
The DAV College
- Bioinformatics (Hons.) -61% ,Sc – I (Maths ) – UT Pool 64% and General pool 69%
- Com I (With the grant in aid) – 97.8 % without Mathematics and 93.8 % with Mathematics for general pool.
- Com I (self financed)-96.3% without mathematics and 92.3% with mathematics
- BBA – 89%
- BCA -79%
- Sc. (Hons) Biotechnology and bio informatics-91.66%