The role of the Data Warehouse Developer is to expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The data warehouse developer will be responsible for developing and supporting Enterprise Datawarehouse framework, processes, and best practices. As part of the BI Team, the individual will collaborate with business and technology partners to define and implement new data management and governance infrastructure. The success of this role is dependent on an understanding of complex data environments, the ability to influence and lead, and being able to partner with teams to enable capabilities.
- Populate the Data Warehouse using Data Modeling Techniques for Target Structures such as Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, and Highly Normalized Data Models
- Build specific Datamart answering business expectations
- Develop and Deploy the Extraction, Transformation, and Loading Routine for the Data Warehouse Environment by Sourcing the Data from the Operational Systems, Applying the Business Transformation Rules, and Loading it to the Data Warehouse and Data mart Environments
- Analyze and Develop Strategies for Data Acquisitions, Archives, Recovery, and Implementation of the ETL Repository and Load Jobs
- Determine the Optimal Approach for Obtaining Data from Diverse Source System Platforms and moving it to the Data Warehouse
- Implement and execute strategy for Change Data Capture
- Create Testing Methodology and Criteria
- Perform Detailed Data Analysis including Data Quality and Consistency by Monitoring Production Data
- Investigate, analyze, document and correct reported defects
- Develop Specifications for Data Cleansing, ETL and Data Migration Processes
- Develop and Maintain Standards, Common Processes and Best Practices for ETL Architecture including Batch Jobs Auditing and Balancing
- Design and Implements Automation of Data Loading and Cleansing Processes
- Modify ETL Processes to Accommodate Source System Changes with New Business User Requirements
- Interpret written business requirements and transform into technical specifications
- Create and maintain technical specification documentation
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- 4 years + work experience as a datawarehouse developer.
- Exposure to the retail Industry is a Great advantage
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on.
- Extensive knowledge of data manipulation languages (Microsoft SSIS) and ETL/ELT (Talend, Alteryx,…).
- Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
- Excellent knowledge of data warehouse concepts, technologies, and best business practices to include: data sourcing, data transformation, data loading, data cleansing, data integrity checking, and end-user tool
- Experience with database platforms, including SQL, Oracle, Snowflake.
- Experience Database design and well versed with SQL Server best practices
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
- Understanding of Web services (SOAP, XML, UDDI, WSDL).
- Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including ….
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Job Location
- Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Residence Location
- Jeddah ,Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Computer Science OR Engineering