Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
As our Data Engineer Consultant, we are looking for someone with experience in delivering data projects to clients. The potential candidate must have the ability to work with business stakeholders to extract the analysis needed, study the data available and produce a data product that can support a company’s decision-making process and advanced analysis of information.
What we are looking for:
– Proven ability to suggest and implement creative, innovative solutions which are aligned to the business requirements.
– Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through implementation level.
– Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems.
– Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes.
– Excellent spoken and written English with ability to communicate clearly and concisely with QA, other developers and Product Owners.
– Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Positive attitude with ability to see through to completion
Key Technical Skills:
– In-depth MS SQL Server experience (SSIS, SSAS, and T-SQL)
– OLAP modeling for both Tabular and Multidimensional models.
– Functional and technical design of DW (star schema and snowflakes)
– Advanced DAX and MDX
– SSIS for ETL package development
– Data model optimization and performance tuning.
– Follow defined methodology and standards including preparation and maintenance of documentation for all stages of BI project execution.
– Experience with TFS and JIRA.
– Practical experience with Power BI stack.
– Office 365 general knowledge
– Microsoft Azure for BI workloads including:
– Azure SQL PaaS
– Azure Data factory
– Azure Data warehouse
– Azure Analysis Services
– Azure IaaS
– Azure Stream Analytics
– Event and IoT hubs
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.