This is a great chance to join a major logistics group in Saudi Arabia, with responsibility for developing finance policies and processes, ensuring their effective implementation.
You will manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Accounting, Budgeting, Cost Control and Procurement units, ensuring appropriate support is being provided to core functions enabling them to deliver their mandate.
My client is a major logistics group based in Saudi Arabia, providing end-to-end logistics services across the Middle East.
* Support the CEO in the development of the corporate strategy to achieve the groups strategic intent and achieve business objectives including generating revenue, achieving profitability and sustaining growth.
* Monitor the progress of plans, programmes and initiatives of the Finance function and ensure they are implemented to achieve the desired outcomes.
* Monitor the Finance function performance against pre-set performance goals to ensure that progress is being made in the desirable direction and preventive/corrective actions are taken accordingly.
* Provide recommendations to the CEO on relevant financial requirements to implement business operations and activities, and ensure the optimal utilisation of these financial resources.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining a single and centralised Chart of Accounts to record all accounting allocations in order to maintain, classify and report the financial transactions of Flow.
* Establish effective accounting procedures and control systems.
* Develop financial policies, procedures and guidelines for the group.
* Oversee the analysis on budgets received from the various departments and prepare a consolidated budget for the group.
* Monitor variances between budgeted and actual expenditures; and distribute reports to the respective directorate/department.
* Develop and maintain appropriate product level models to ensure adequate pricing coverage and enhance decision making.
* Monitor cash flow and report major deviations from the cash flow projection.
* Responsible for oversight of financial internal controls and coordination of all financial audits.
* Review the group’s annual accounts and liaise with external auditors.
* Advise on contract negotiations from a financial impact perspective.
* Oversee the financial statements review process and provide feedback.
* Ensure the group complies with all relevant financial and statutory requirements.
* Keep up to date with financial reporting and accounting standards, relevant regulations and industry best practice.
* Maintain external relationships with banks, auditors, and third party vendors.
* Perform any other duties and responsibilities as required.
* Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that business priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
* Monitor and evaluate the performance of subordinates and their respective functions and ensure compliance with corporate policies and objectives, as well as assess their contributions/efforts towards attaining the set objectives.
* Recommend appropriate training to subordinates as per the pre-determined training needs and evaluate their effectiveness in terms of achieving the intended objectives.
* Follow-up on subordinates’ administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves etc.#
* Nominate a deputy to carry out the responsibility of the position whenever the need arises.
In return, my client can offer an extremely competitive package, including strong additional benefits, as well as the opportunity to join an organisation with a real mandate to deliver change and modernisation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
* A relevant degree in finance, accounting, economics or business administration / management .
* A professional accounting qualification (CPA, CA, CMA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.)
* 15 years experience in Finance & Accounting
* 7-10 years experience gained in senior leadership roles.
* 5 to 10 years experience in the logistics sector.
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.