ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXTThese jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Deputy Country Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to the Regional Deputy/Division Director or the designate. Job holders are likely to manage a team of staff to ensure administrative strategies and plans are implemented to support regions/countries with a lower level of complexity (characterised by a smaller employee population, a less far reaching geography, and less volatile security situations). Job holders provide technical support to field operations, and develop core processes and procedures.JOB PURPOSETo lead the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)1. Develop and implement WFP regional/country plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services. 2. Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes. 3. Manage and/or carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.4. Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.5. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and provide recommendations to the management on any improvements/changes, when required.6. Promote a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.7. Manage and motivate a multicultural team(s), provide coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.8. Build productive partnerships with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.9. Strengthen the capacity of WFP staff and partners through the delivery of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.10. Contribute to preparedness actions such as risk analysis, and contingency planning, monitoring the management of risks and reporting on actions taken.11. Other as required. 4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESPurpose
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Utilizes understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives to communicate linkages to team objectives and work.
- Be a force for positive change: Proactively identifies and develops new methods or improvements for self and immediate team to address work challenges within own work area.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Identifies opportunities to further align individual contributions with WFP’s mission of making an impact on local communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Helps colleagues to see the link between their individual tasks and the contributions of their unit’s goals to the broader context of WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Is able to identify, support and encourage focused on-the-job learning opportunities to address gaps between current skillsets and needed future skillsets for WFP.
- Create an inclusive culture: Recognizes the contributions of teammates, and encourages contributions from culturally different team mates to recognise the value of diversity above and beyond just including it in programming for beneficiaries.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Provides and solicits ongoing constructive feedback on strengths and development opportunities to help develop individual skills, whilst also helping others identify areas for improvement.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear targets for self and others to focus team efforts in ambiguous situations (e.g., unprecedented issues and/or scenarios)
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Thinks beyond team’s conventional approaches to formulate creative methods for delivering food aid and assistance to beneficiaries.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains focus on achieving individual results in the face of obstacles such as volatile or fragile environments and/or organizational roadblocks.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes personal accountability for upholding and delivering upon team’s commitments and provides assurance to stakeholders.
- Be Decisive: Demonstrates ability to adjust to team’s plans and priorities to optimize outcomes in light of evolving directives, while also responding quickly in high-pressure environments, such as in emergency settings.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Demonstrates an understanding of when and how to tactfully engage other units in conversations on impact, timing, or planning.
- Build strong external partnerships: Networks regularly with key external partners using formal and informal opportunities to understand each partner’s unique value proposition, and to build and strengthen relationships.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Demonstrates ability to adapt engagement approach in the context of evolving partner circumstances and expectations.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Demonstrates ability to articulate to internal and external audiences the value that individual contributions and immediate teams bring to partnerships.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Advanced University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.Language: Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic.Experience: At least 10 years of professional work experience in a similar position in the Administration field.DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has gained experience in administration and applies this to all activities.
- Has managed small teams of staff with related areas of expertise.
- Has provided support in leading projects and input into function policies.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a team.
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with Admisntration counterparts, managers and staff within the country office
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work
- plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to draft clear concise reports or rationale for Admisntration decisions
- Job Location
- Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies