Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine insertion of intravenous cannula in the operating room, in liaison with the anesthetist.
- Initial application of all anesthesia-related non-invasive patient monitoring.
- Routine daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and cleaning of all anesthesia-related equipments.
- Routine daily, weekly and monthly care and cleaning of all anesthesia-related storage and work areas, including Operating Suite, Labor and Delivery, OR, Dental OR, MRI, and any other designated anesthesia areas.
- Specific case by case preparation for all anesthetic procedures, to include all general anesthetic, all regional anesthetic and standby procedures and any other related anesthetic invasive procedures.
- Appropriate daily restocking of anesthesia consumables in all designated areas.
- To be available at all times for emergency anesthetic procedures during assigned shifts and a major disasters.
- Assist in transportation of patients to and from all anesthesia-related areas, to include operating rooms, recovery areas, all intensive care units and any other appropriate areas.
- Drawing of any anesthesia-related venous or arterial blood samples upon request from an anesthetist.
- Assist in the positioning of all patients for anesthetic and surgical procedures.
- Assist other operating room personnel with patient care tasks whenever possible and appropriate.
- Daily and weekly distribution of all anesthesia consumables and pharmaceutical items.
- Collecting blood and blood products, checking it with the Anesthetist and administration to the patients under the direct supervision of the Anesthetist.
- Performs airway maintenance and straightforward endotracheal intubation under direct supervision and at the discretion of the anesthetist.
- To uphold and have knowledge of all Anesthesia Department rules, regulations and protocols where appropriate.
- Prepares intravenous drugs as per Anesthetist instruction and supervision.
- Complete 30 hours of Continuous Medical Education (CME) per year.
- Covers call as per monthly call schedule.
- Stays in the Operating Room as long as the patient remains in the O.R. and leave the O.R. only with the permission of the anesthetist.
- Educates patients and/or families on matters relevant to the patient‘s condition/s as applicable.
- Protects and upholds the rights of the patients and their families
- Participates in quality improvement and patient safety activities and attends quality improvement educational activities as appropriate.
- Adheres to infection control guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs any other Anesthesia Department related duties as directed by the Senior/Chief Anesthesia Technician or the Director of Anesthesia Department.
- Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of his/her career.
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff alike.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Educationتخدير غير طبيب
- Job Location
- Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Public Administration
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies